As tablet computers and smartphones become more and more popular, people are using more and more applications for daily tasks whether for scheduling, productivity, games, or social networking. People might even find themselves using dozens of apps each day.
A Few Clicks Away
Perhaps you were unaware that these application services, like Apple’s App Store and Google Play for Android devices, can be great resources for getting in shape, eating healthier, and living an overall healthier lifestyle. These apps also offer great getaways from mobile versions of Facebook and Twitter and the ever-so-popular Angry Birds.
Dozens of Choices for Wellness Apps
These are popular apps that you may want to check out.
1. MapMyRun+ GPS Runner – This app allows you to create and track a running route. It also calculates distance and time, and has other various functions.
2. Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock – This app analyzes your sleep pattern and wakes you up when you’re at your lightest.
3. Calorie Counter & Diet Tracker – This is a large database that allows you to see just how many calories your food has in it, and can guide you as you try to lose weight.
4. WebMD – The WebMD app takes all the knowledge of the website and puts in a platform you can take everywhere.
5. Lose It! – This app has different weight lose options to choose from, and counts calories similar to the Calorie Counter.
Though these are the top applications on the Apps Store, all of them can be found on Google Play as well. You may find other apples helpful too, like Nike+ Running, P90X, Quit Smoking Pr, or Yoga Studio.
Check These Apps Out
No matter the goal or workout plan, these apps are there to help you get where you want to be. Don’t feel like your tablet is limited to sending emails and surfing the web or your phone can only be used to send texts and make phone calls. The options for wellness are inexpensive and some are free. And the best part is, they all sit in the palm of your hand.