It’s that time of year again, when the temperatures start dropping and the office grows deserted. When presents aren’t the only thing given — germs are, too.
That’s right: flu season is almost upon us, and as an employer, it should be your priority to prevent the illness from pervading your workplace.
Today, we’re sharing our top tips for keeping the flu at bay in your office!
Flu Be Gone! Workplace Wellness Tips & Tricks
Encourage Good Hygiene
Since germs can live on surfaces for two hours or longer, it’s crucial that your workers know the basics of good hygiene. You can do your part to encourage this by providing these basic tips:
- Wash your hands for at least 15 to 20 seconds using soap and warm water. While the flu shot is the best defense against the flu, handwashing can help prevent transmission.
- Cover your mouth and nose with every cough or sneeze. Keep plenty of tissues on hand so your employees can keep their germs under lock!
- Use hand sanitizers. Supply your workers with alcohol-based sanitizers or wipes in key areas so that hands can be cleansed even if a bathroom is not nearby.
- Use paper towels often. Paper towels can be used to open doors, turn faucets, open the fridge door, and more. Any time you have to touch a public surface, paper towels will do the trick.
Stay Home Sick!
Another thing you can do as an employer to stop the spread of germs? Encourage your sick employees to stay home and keep their germs away from the office. Too often employees who do not feel well do not take sick days because they don’t feel they can. If your supervisors are all aware of the sick day policies and encourage workers to recognize symptoms of the flu, which include:
- A fever of 100.4 F or greater
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Body ache
On-Site Flu Shots
Experts all agree that vaccination is the best way to prevent the flu. And when you opt for on-site flu shots as part of your workplace wellness program, you guarantee that more of your employees get protected from the flu. Research has shown that on-site flu shots increase vaccination rates by 21%, helping flu rates drop by 11.3%. On-site shots are convenient and ensure employee productivity — a win for all!
Let’s Fight the Flu!
ARCpoint Labs nationwide can provide vaccination — many offer on-site flu shots as well. If you are interested in arranging vaccination for your employees, contact your nearest ARCpoint Labs today.