Telehealth Programs: the Future of Employee Healthcare?

Telehealth

As healthcare costs rise and more and more Americans grow frustrated at the expense and inconvenience of receiving medical care in the US, ARCpoint Labs has diversified and furthered our commitment to empower individuals to improve their health. Our Telehealth Services program is a direct reflection of this commitment, a program we are proud to offer to families, individuals, and employers.

We expect to see telehealth emerge as a leading healthcare solution for workplaces. Our program is an affordable option for employers who want to affordably safeguard the health of their employees.

We’ve complied an infographic that illustrates how and why telehealth looks to be the future of employee healthcare.

Telehealth

The Effectiveness of Telehealth

91% of health outcomes were as good or better via telehealth [A Systematic Review of Economic Analyses of Telehealth Services Using Real Time Video Communication]

Among our telehealth program, 95% member satisfaction and 16 minute average doctor call back time (compared to 18.5 days average see a healthcare provider) [source]; [In cities, the average doctor wait-time is 18.5 days]

90% problem solution rate; among remaining 10%, 5% of users are requested DEA controlled prescription (not available via telehealth); 2% are out of the scope for a Telehealth consultation (chronic disease management, etc.); 3% are referred to a primary care physician, urgent care, or the emergency room [source]

According to the American Medical Association, 70% of all doctor’s visits could be handled over the phone [A New Approach to Ambulatory Services]

Employers & Telehealth

Towers Watson predicts a 68% rise in the number of employers offering telemedicine by 2015, resulting in employer savings of up to $6 billion [19th Annual Towers Watson/National Business Group on Health Employer Survey on Purchasing Value in Health Care]

Benefits of telehealth for employers:

  • Lower healthcare & insurance expenditures
  • Fewer employee sick days
  • Reduced presenteeism & absenteeism
  • Increased productivity
  • Improved employee morale & retention

Consumer Preferences for Telemedicine

70% of consumers report preferring to obtain a prescription via video conference than an in-person doctor’s visit; 63% seek prescription refills, 42% of women 18-34 seek birth control; 41% seek antibiotics; 30% seek blood pressure medication; 27% want allergy or asthma medication [American Well Telehealth Consumer Survey 2015]

64% of Americans report willingness to have a video conference with a doctor [American Well Telehealth Consumer Survey 2015]

The number of telemedicine patients worldwide is expected to rise from 350,000 in 2013 to 7 million in 2018 [IHS Technology Telehealth Report – 2014]

Contact Your Nearest ARCpoint Labs for Telehealth Services

ARCpoint Labs can work with your business to provide affordable telehealth services for your workforce. This includes 24/7, 365 access to qualifed, board-certified doctors and registered nurses as well as prescription savings from our prescription discount program.

For more information on the program and pricing, contact your local ARCpoint Labs today.

Share

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

*